Hagerstown, MD (November 20, 2009)
- The Washington County Health Department will hold a flu vaccination clinic for H1N1 (Swine) flu for all target groups recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These target groups include:
Vaccinations will be available by appointment only. One thousand, nine hundred (1,900) appointments will be made beginning on Monday morning November 23 until all appointments have been filled. To schedule an appointment, please call 240-313-3456 on Monday, November 23, 2009, beginning at 8:00 a.m. The clinic will have appointments scheduled until 6:00 p.m.
- pregnant women;
- people who live with or care for children younger than 6 months of age;
- healthcare and emergency medical services personnel;
- persons between the ages of 6 months and 24 years old;
- people between the ages of 25 through 64 years old who are at higher risk for 2009 H1N1 because of chronic health disorders or compromised immune systems.
Vaccinations will be given at North Hagerstown High School on Monday, November 30.
There is no charge for the H1N1 vaccination.
The vaccine used will be in the injectable form and is for distribution of H1N1 (Swine) flu vaccine, which will not provide protection from the seasonal flu.
Individuals seeking up-to-date information regarding clinic schedules should check the Health Department's web site at www.washhealth.org
, or call the Department's flu hotline at 240-313-3456 daily for the most current information. Clinics will also be announced through normal media outlets.